The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has designed a Charter. The aim of this Charter is to aid in the ethical and clinical standards expected of BACD members.
- The Charter has been constructed for both the protection of the Academy and its members.
- The BACD expects all members:
- to ensure they uphold and adhere to the BACD constitution
- to ensure clinical work published in association with the BACD is of good standing and representative of our philosophy
- to ensure that they receive comprehensive training for a particular procedure, before such procedure is carried out
- to ensure that patients receive a comprehensive treatment plan, including advantages, disadvantages and costings of each option, clearly explained, in order for informed consent to be obtained
- to be aware when to refer, should case requirements be in excess of their current skill set
- to ensure they continually update their skills and clinical decision-making in the interests of their patients, and the BACD
Committed to Excellence in Ethical Cosmetic Dentistry