Introduction to current concepts in adhesions and restorative dentistry including fibredontics
- To introduce to practitioners the principles of adhesive dentistry with an overview of the current range of adhesive systems on the market and their correct use with various composite systems.
- Compatibility issues will be addressed and a brief overview of the current generation of OMCER restoratives.
- Both types of fibre systems available (sheathed and unsheathed) will be looked at and many clinical cases in their use will be discussed. Multi-post fibre systems will also be shown.
- Participants will also undertake the in the hands-on session, the placement of fibres and create several types of fibre/composite bridge together with multifilament post and cores.
- Participants will gain an insight into the ideal combination of adhesive/composite/fibre systems and how the best adhesion will be achieved when bonding onto the different intraoral surfaces. The correct bonding process to existing porcelain restorations will also be looked at.
- Participants will also have a greater understanding of the many ways in which fibre systems can greatly assist the practitioner in their daily treatments. The hands-on session will also give the participants an insight to the handling characteristics of the fibre and composite systems.
This lecture will have elements of enhanced GDC learning outcomes C
Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice