The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Rising Star Scholarship 2024
ATTENTION ALL DENTAL STUDENTS
Do you want to learn more about high quality, well planned, aesthetic dentistry?
Do you aim high, work hard, and take pride in your work?
Are you eager to discover how ethical cosmetic dentistry can benefit your career?
To encourage dental students to engage with us and the educational opportunities we offer, the BACD will be awarding the BACD Rising Star Scholarship to the dental student who shows the best knowledge and insight into recent advances in cosmetic dentistry.
The award is a complimentary place at the next BACD Annual Conference, including a gala dinner ticket, and a 1-year student membership of the BACD. The 2024 BACD Annual Conference is taking place from 07 – 09 November 2024 at the Park Plaza London Riverbank, London. You will also be invited to shadow one of our committee members (to be arranged subject to availability and location)
There are 2 runner-up prizes of a one-year student membership of the BACD.
All you have to do to stand a chance of winning this prize is to write an essay with the following title:
Discuss the different treatment modalities you can use to restore this unrestorable upper left central incisor
1500 words NOT including references
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE!
The word count DOES NOT include the title page
The word count DOES NOT include any references
There is NO set style of reference, please include these in any format if you wish, or not, it really doesn’t matter
Conditions of Entry
- The prize will be known as the “BACD Rising Star Scholarship”.
- The prize will be awarded by the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry on the recommendation of the Young Membership Committee. The committee reserves the right to withhold the prize if the standard of the essays submitted are not of sufficient merit. The first prize is a complimentary registration at the next BACD annual conference in November 2024, with a gala dinner ticket included, together with a one-year student membership of the BACD. There are also 2 runner-up prizes of a one-year student membership of the BACD.
- The prize will be open to any undergraduate dental student in a dental school within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
- Only the name of the prize winner and the two runners-up will be published.
- The essay must be written in English and shall not exceed 1,500 words NOT INCLUDING REFERENCES. It must be preceded by a title page, and be submitted in electronic form as a WORD DOCUMENT (not a PDF file), to Mrs Suzy Rowlands, BACD Executive Administrator at: [email protected]
- The judges, whose decision will be final, are members of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Young Membership Committee.
- All work must be the original work of the author and must not have been published or submitted for any other purpose elsewhere. The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry shall have the right to publish any essay submitted, in part or in full in any publication.
- The winner may not submit the essay for publication elsewhere or to any other organisation, without the written permission of the BACD. Failure to adhere to this requirement will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- The closing date is THURSDAY 08 AUGUST 2024.
- Essays will be judged on content, style, and presentation.
- The winning student will be invited to the November 2024 BACD Annual Conference for the presentation of the prize. Registration and a gala dinner ticket will be paid.