1a, 5 Bell Alley
Dr. Arun Darbar B.D.S., D.G.D.P. ( U.K.)
Postgraduate activities includes taking on several continuums at the L.D.Pankey
Institute in Key Biscayne in Florida, USA, among the very few dentist in UK to do so.
Completed all hands on courses from basic to advanced level in TMD and occlusion rehabilitation, in advanced restorative and prosthodontics with NGA (Niles Guieche and associates) seminars in the USA and UK.
Founder member of the BSOS (British Society for Occlusal Studies)
Has been using lasers in his private Aesthetic and Laser Dentistry practice in the United Kingdom for over 25 years.
1.He holds Advanced Proficiency with the ALD (Academy of Laser Dentistry based in the USA), Has a ‘Masters’ and Educator’ status from the ALD.
Serves as the ALD International Relations Committee Chair, and on certification committee. He is an examiner for certifications and working on his Recognized Course Provider (RCP) at the moment.
Has served on the ALD Board Of Directors and been instrumental and pioneered use of Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) with high power surgical lasers with diffusers, beam splitters and expanders.
Currently at ALD is
Co-chairs Education and Certification
Board of director
Chairs International Relations
Science and Research Committee member
2.He has developed techniques and protocols for laser use in general and pain management in dentistry. A ’R and D’ consultant for Biolase for some of their newer wavelengths laser equipment and beta tester and assessor for several commercial laser units with involvement in design, development and protocols for their uses and probably the first dentist to convert a hard laser (surgical) unit to soft laser (low level laser therapy).
3. Dr. Darbar is an accredited member of the BACD (British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry) and serves on their credentialing committee as a founder member and as an examiner for the accreditation process.
4. He has won numerous national clinical excellence awards including the coveted
-"The Smile Award of the Year 2010",
-Generosity of a Smile 2010
-The single arch Restorative Smile 2010
-Patients Smile 2011 and 2012 along with
-The Best Whitening Smile Award 2012
-Highly commended awards for Conservative Composite Smiles in 2010 and 2012
and Single arch Aesthetic Award 2013
5. He is an avid lecturer and an invited speaker on lasers in dentistry worldwide. An Invited speaker for M Sc Engineering students in laser modules at the university of Liverpool, England UK and the first and the only Laser Dentist in the UK to be invited to the 'House of Lords' for a charity fundraiser organized by "Lasers for Life".
6. He has achieved Fellowship and Diplomat status with the World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry. (WCMID)
7. He is also a master, an educator and founder member of the WCLI (World Clinical Laser Institute) and has served on the WCLI advisory board of directors as well.
8. Published author of articles in Aesthetic Dentistry and other dental magazines in the UK and worldwide along with manuscripts of conference proceedings worldwide.
9. For the past few years has been introducing the concept of preconditioning with various wavelengths to achieve quicker, better outcomes for compromised and regular patients in dentistry and other medical fields. Some of this data was published as proceedings of SPIE IN 2006, 2007, and 2009/10. WALT 2008 South Africa, 2012 Australia.
Invited speaker by SOLA (Society for oral laser applications) in Taiwan 2013 and China 2014 and by the AGD (Academy of General Dentistry in USA) in San Francisco –AGD 2015 annual conference etc.
10.A specialist in bespoke one on one laser training in several wavelengths and trouble shooting at point of source.