Intraosseous dental anaesthesia
Painless, immediate and profound, with no collateral numbness
As dental practitioners, the provision of local anesthesia plays an enormous role in the management of the treatments we perform and is pivotal in the relationship that we form with our patients. We have all had complications and failures in our delivery of local anesthesia that have resulted in a compromise to our patients’ experience, to the trust that our patients have in us and in an increased stress level for everyone. Even successful delivery of traditional local anesthetic techniques has negative side effects such as the period of modified function when speaking, eating and drinking and the collateral numbness of soft tissues during which the anesthetised tissues may be traumatised by biting or burning with hot liquids.
This course will introduce participants to a technique that will completely revolutionise the delivery of local anesthesia, induce profound and immediate anesthesia painlessly and all without unnecessary collateral numbness of tongue, cheeks and lips that are associated with traditional techniques.
To introduce participants to the concept of intraosseous anesthesia and to provide sufficient theoretical and practical knowledge to enable participants to use the technique in their everyday practice, thereby improving patient comfort, increasing the efficiency of treatment time through immediate anesthesia, abolishing post-operative soft tissue numbness and loss of function and significantly reducing stress levels for the dentists themselves.
To learn about and understand:
- the limitations and disadvantages of traditional dental anesthetic technique
- the negative effect that these have on both patients and dental professionals
- the theory of intraosseous anesthesia
- the practical use of intraosseous anesthesia in daily practice
- how this technique will abolish all the problems associated with traditional dental anesthesia
- how this technique will reduce stress levels
- how this technique will increase business profits through positive marketing, efficiency of dental treatments, patient satisfaction and increased profits
This lecture will have elements of enhanced GDC learning outcome C
Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice